Wednesday, 30 December 2009
First, here's wishing almost everyone, apart from lard-arse Brown and his disgraced cabal of incompetents, a Very Happy New Year.
Ta Amusing Bunni for the above pic and Grumpy Old Twat for this timely vid.
The BBC are urgently recruiting a person to read the weather. The post will require the ability to look out of the window, phone a few mates in the fishing and farming community and then tell everyone what the weather will be like for the next couple of days.
Gladys Strange of HR announced the shock move away from relying on expensive Met Office forcasts after she read The UK Meteorological Office: slightly less reliable than tea leaves or cock entrails*
On Nov 27 the Met Office produced its winter seasonal forecast which included a little chart to illustrate 50% chance of a mild winter, 30% chance of a near average winter and 20% chance of a colder winter.
Yesterday (30th Dec) they slyly changed the graph as below
Spot the difference? Well you would have to because they didn't say that they changed it. It's the same URL
Commentator Bob Dylan commented "You don't need the weatherman to know which way the wind blows".
Anyway, here's a more accurate long term forcast based on observation of sunspots by some American farmers.
H/T to most of the above from various commenters at wattsupwiththat.com
*Telegraph links don't always work for some reason, this is the URL to James Delingpoles piece on the Met Office (Not Meteorological btw)
Upgate Carbongate The Fraud starts here in jolly old Britain.
'Carousel' frauds plague European carbon trading markets
Why are mysterious UK businesses registering to trade carbon in Europe?
Described as a "consulting" business, this is a UK company that has signed up to trade carbon permits under the European Emissions Trading Scheme in Copenhagen. But there is no trace of its existence on the Companies House database.
All the expected big players are on the list – utilities, oil and heavy industry – the only sectors obliged by law to own permits to cover emissions.
Quite a few investment banks are also signed up, on behalf of industry or trading to make a profit.
But outnumbering these familiar names, hundreds of UK companies selling anything from hair loss treatments to electronics have mysteriously registered to buy and sell carbon permits in the Scandinavian nation – mostly in the last 18 months.
"Europol, the cross-border police force, said that carbon trading fraudsters may have accounted for up to 90pc of all market activity in some European countries, with criminals mainly from Britain, France, Spain, Denmark and Holland pocketing an estimated €5bn (£4.5bn).
Thursday, 17 December 2009
A Nativity Scene on a Christmas card is not offensive, being told to Fuck Off & Die or getting stabbed in the neck is offensive.
"Walking In The Air" from The Snowman by Raymond Briggs, perennial Christmas favorite for decades in UK.
Our Scottish friends came up with this:
"He nicked my Irn Bru, and let go of my hand..." Splat.
A work of true genius.
Irn Bru homepage, hours of interactive Xmas fun ( for overseas viewers Irn Bru is a kind of soda, peculiar to Scotland ).
So, Merry Christmas & Seasons Greetings one and all*
*This blog does not recognise "happy holidays" or Winterval.
H/T Man Widdicombe
Update H/T Daily Telegraph embedded 21st Dec. You were Dreaming Of A White Christmas.
Must be all that manmadeglobalwarming.
Thursday, 10 December 2009
Odd, last week they told us to expect a 50% chance of hotter weather than usual next year, or 50% cooler ? Is that what I pay them for ? fifty-fucking-fifty ?
Back to their excitement inducing words at Copenhagen
"forecast for 2010 predicted it will be almost 1F (0.6C) higher than the long term average of 57F (14C) across the globe as a result of natural weather patterns and global warming. "
However sceptics point out that the Met Office said 2007 would be the warmest on record, but it was not in the top five. The weather service also drew criticism for claiming this year’s wet summer would be a “BBQ” summer."
ps, I nicked the above pic from the Met Office site, right click 'save as' to see what they call it.
Met Office predict hottest year ever, like they always do http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/copenhagen-climate-change-confe/6780685/Copenhagen-climate-conference-Met-Office-predict-2010-will-be-warmest-on-record.html
2009 BBQ summer, cancelled
You can still see the original Met Office press release here
Frankly I'm surprised they haven't pulled that page given the embarrasment it has caused them.
Meanwhile 1,700 science whores have signed a petition pledging allegience to the Met Offices position on AGW, thus discounting any claim to scientific independence.
Act On CO2. It's all just an act. G.O.T.
Saturday, 5 December 2009
I asked "where you off to then ?"
'Off to London to register a protest'
Oh yeah, what sort of protest ? ( in my best Baldric )
"Well, it's a demonstration really,
No Actually its a Protest", said he.
"wot you protesting about ?
Well, erm the climate, Copenhagen, that sort of thing.
Oh right, you're protesting against Copenhagen ?
No, we are pressuring the Government into acting on manmadeglobalwarming.
Where you protesting then ?
Well, we will be meeting in Grosvenor Square and then marching on Parliament.
Oh right, outside the American Embassy
Is It ! ? The American Embassy ?
Very right-on I chided, gently. Did you get permission from the Metropolitan Police to demonstrate outside The Houses of Parliament?
Well we dunno really
Whose flag will you be marching under? CND, ActionOnCO2 ?
We dunno really.
We Demand that the Government take action on Climate Change right?
So you are demonstrating in support of what the Government already wants ? Not exactly hardcore says I.
Friday, 4 December 2009
"Mr Brown ( UKs useless and unelected Prime Monster ) last night insisted that the science on climate change in settled, and accused those who question the consensus of being outdated."
The very day after the BBC expanded the public debate about the e-mail content which shows that the science is most certainly not settled, what a cunt.
Daily Telegraph Sat Dec 5th Brown: Skeptics are flat-earthers
"He said: "With only days to go before Copenhagen we mustn't be distracted by the behind-the-times, anti-science, flat-earth climate sceptics. We know the science. We know what we must do.”
What 'we must do Mr. Brown' is fuck off and seek a proper mandate from the people before signing us up to vastly expensive rubbish schemes to make your banker pals even more wealthy with even more of our cash.
( To re-assure my American readers, Mr. Brown has what is known as The Jonah Effect, everything he touches, visits or champions turns to shite so this is probably another nail in the coffin of manmadeglobalwarming. ps, buy Nokia shares ).
"Announcing a review of the case, Dr Rajendra Pachauri, chairman of the UN’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), said the matter could not be “brushed under the carpet”. "
Let's make sure it isn't !
Here is the saintly Simon Heffer trying to get Dave and the tory gang on-side ( makes for much pleasanter reading )
At last people are telling David Cameron that his bunny-hugging has the potential to cause extreme economic and political damage, writes Simon Heffer.
The Voice Of Reason
Tuesday, 1 December 2009
Why did the money pour in so quickly? Because the climate alarm kept ringing so loudly: The louder the alarm, the greater the sums. And who better to ring it than people like Mr. Jones, one of its likeliest beneficiaries?
Thus, the European Commission's most recent appropriation for climate research comes to nearly $3 billion, and that's not counting funds from the EU's member governments. In the U.S., the House intends to spend $1.3 billion on NASA's climate efforts, $400 million on NOAA's, and another $300 million for the National Science Foundation. The states also have a piece of the action, with California—apparently not feeling bankrupt enough—devoting $600 million to their own climate initiative. In Australia, alarmists have their own Department of Climate Change at their funding disposal.
And all this is only a fraction of the $94 billion that HSBC Bank estimates has been spent globally this year on what it calls "green stimulus"—largely ethanol and other alternative energy schemes—of the kind from which Al Gore and his partners at Kleiner Perkins hope to profit handsomely."
2nd December 2009 Wall Sreet Journal.
Climategate: Follow the Money
Explosive video of Al Gore
Getting Confronted in a Chicago BookStore on Climategate!
" Australia, Australia, we love you, Amen.
This ere's a Wattle
The Emblem of our land
You can stick it in a bottle
You can 'old it in yer 'and."
Australians upset the Climate Calamity Cart
These initial two and the above link referred by microdave who is sadly blogless, round of applause for microdave if you please.
Any other funny cartoons or apposite captions will be addded here if you care to add the URL in comments.
Yet more from microdave
who really should create a blog himself.
NB. " harry_read_me " file, who the fuck is Harry ?
- December (3)
- November (2)
- October (4)
- September (5)
- August (6)
- July (1)
- May (5)
- April (6)
- March (4)
- February (7)
- December (12)
- November (7)
- October (12)
- September (4)
- July (5)
- June (8)
- May (2)
- April (4)
- March (4)
- February (1)
- January (2)
- Sleight of hand by the Met Office?
- Merry Christmas, feel free to be offended.
- Met Office predict 2010 'hottest year EVER' ( agai...
- Young couple in Hardcore Action !
- G. Brown slags off Deniers as Flat Earthers
- Climategate, follow the money with the Wall Street...
- Climategate, the Captions and Cartoons
- November (2)
- October (6)
- July (6)
- June (2)
- April (2)
- March (5)
- February (2)
- December (7)